Montag, 7. Januar 2013

Email from Simon Kempston

Ein ungewöhnlich leiser Ton in dieser brüllende Forderungen stellenden Welt.

We recsntly received this Thank You and New Years greeting from Simon who was with us in December:
Hello John,

Wishing you & the family, and all at the Folk Club a very successful and prosperous New Year!

Please do accept my apologies for the delay in writing to you, I have been on tour solidly since I left you before departing to Eire for Christmas, only arriving home to Edinburgh yesterday (more than a little exhausted & somewhat heavier than when I left for the Emerald Isle.....).

First of all, I would like to express a huge thank you for giving me the opportunity to perform once again at your wonderful folk club last month. I enjoyed the night immensely, the audience was fantastic, very interested, attentive & well-informed about acoustic music, Scottish music & songwriting and an absolute pleasure to perform for - they were very nice on the night & I have had lots of nice comments on Facebook and by e-mail too. I think the new venue really works well for the artists and the audience alike - you have all done a great job to keep the heartbeat of folk music pumping into a new venue and into another year!

Your support of my own music is very much appreciated and never taken for granted - as for the 'slow burn' career, fear not, I am happy & that is the most important thing. All I can do is keep my head down, work on improving on all aspects of my art & if enough work follows to provide me with a living then that, to me, is all that matters. That said, a bit more time at home in 2013, would be nice, although I'm not wasting it watching Edinburgh Rugby.....

I am hoping my German will be much better next year, thank you for helping me a little! And thank you for your wonderful & excellent hospitality & for looking after me so well - the food, drink & company were all of the highest order.

Of course, I would love to perform at your excellent venue again next year, and I really hope we are able to find a date which suits your schedule. At the moment, I know December again would suit mine well, though of course, I understand, should you wish to book a Christmas-oriented act given the comments of the complainant last month....just let me know your thoughts when you have a moment. If it's good for you, then consider me good for the 7th of December 2013!

I hope to hear from you soon, and greetings to all at the Bonn Folk Club from Edinburgh,

Simon
www.simonkempston.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/simonkempstonmusic
simon_kempston@hotmail.com
simon@simonkempston.co.uk

'Intelligent, passionate and highly original.' - fROOTS magazine
'Highly Recommended' - Iain Anderson, BBC Radio Scotland

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen